Marketing is essential to any product- or service-providing organization. The digital marketing major provides you with an in-depth understanding of marketing principles, advertising and persuasion, consumer behavior, and e-commerce. You’ll learn how to study human behavior and how to discover the needs and preferences of consumers and use this information to market a product or service effectively. A degree in digital marketing is designed to prepare you to develop, execute, and promote products/services within any industry.
The need for digital marketers in a world built on messaging in an instant has grown exponentially, but they will need to be well rounded. The program includes foundational business courses in the areas of accounting and financial management, business law, economics, information technology, international business, statistics, and management. Career opportunities in all industries are readily available; from sports and entertainment all the way to industrial business-to-business transactions, quality marketing in the digital age will be essential.
Graduates of the digital marketing program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a foundation of business skills in the areas of accounting and financial management, information technology, marketing, and organizational and project management.
- Conduct environmental analyses by identifying industry trends, analyzing competitors, and researching the customer to evaluate and guide marketing strategies.
- Conduct market research to collect data related to environmental scans, demand forecasts, market segmentation, and new product testing to guide/support marketing strategy development/selection.
- Develop a market-product focus by setting marketing and e-marketing objectives (based on market and product), segmenting the market, identifying target segment(s), and positioning the product, good, or service.
- Develop marketing strategies to introduce a new product to a market based on product characteristics, pricing strategies, e-marketing components, market information, and channel objectives.
- Evaluate new technology for market development, customer retention, and customer relationship building.
BBA – Digital Marketing (120 Credits)
Additional Program Requirements
General Education (see General Education Requirements for details) 30 credits