The Criminal Justice Management Bachelor of Science (BS) degree is designed for a working professional with significant work experience in the area of criminal justice who desires to complete a baccalaureate degree for both professional and personal advancement. The program is designed to provide applicable skills immediately useful for law enforcement officers, parole officers, correctional officers, or individuals involved in emergency management.
Leadership in criminal justice is in constant demand. A combination of work experience in the criminal justice field and strong business and management skills lead to the best opportunities. In this program, you will utilize that foundation of experience and build upon it in terms of leadership and management fundamentals for advancement.
Graduates of the criminal justice management program will be able to:
- Effectively apply tools and techniques used in administering and leading contemporary criminal justice organizations.
- Assess and evaluate programs, people, and processes within criminal justice organizations using data management tools and techniques.
- Apply contemporary human resource management practices within criminal justice organizations.
- Assess and analyze current criminal justice policies and procedures using a managerial outlook.
- Interpret and apply ethical behaviors within criminal justice organizations.
- Demonstrate strategies for crisis management, communication, and media relations.
Criminal Justice Management BS (120 Credits)
Additional Program Requirements
General Education (see General Education Requirements for details) 30 credits