The MBA with a concentration in financial planning is designed for students to obtain the breadth of education necessary to prepare for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) examination. In this program, you will acquire the knowledge necessary for components of financial planning, such as insurance, investments, employee benefits, retirement planning, estate planning, and tax strategies. In addition, you will have the opportunity to practice preparing and presenting financial plans using real-world cases.
Students complete six courses in financial planning. These courses are delivered online and are designed to assist you in acquiring the necessary competency to prepare for the CFP exam. On successfully completing the financial planning six-course series, you will receive a Certificate in Financial Planning from Cleary University. The remaining five courses are taken in other business areasand are also offered online.
Education in financial planning enables students to understand the concepts, processes, and institutions involved in the production and marketing of goods and services as well as in the financing of a business and other forms of organizations. Some career opportunities include financial advisor, insurance sales agents, financial managers, insurance managers, treasurers, insurance underwriters, financial officers, and securities and commodities sales agents.
Graduates of the financial planning program will be able to:
- Evaluate the risk and insurance needs of a client.
- Develop an investment portfolio for a client based on risk return preferences.
- Compare and contrast different employee benefits options.
- Forecast the retirement needs of a client.
- Incorporate effective tax strategies for clients.
- Prescribe estate planning strategies for clients.
- Construct a financial plan based on the client’s needs.
- Write and effectively present a financial plan to clients.
- Practice financial planning with integrity.