Campus Safety & Policies

Cleary University Campus Safety is committed to providing a safe campus environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.

Safety Coordinator

Mitchell Mihailuk
800-686-1883 Ext. 1901
Cleary Commons Building

Campus Safety Coordinator, Mitch Mihailuk works hand-in-hand with members of the Police Department and other community partners to prevent crime and provide vital safety services and resources. We believe that working as a team is critical to preserving the safety of our campus and community.

Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act:

This is a federal law requiring institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area. Current and prospective students or employees have the right to obtain a copy of this information for the University. Students may view this information by accessing the federal government website at

Registering a Complaint with the Higher Learning Commission

Cleary University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.  The mailing address is:

Higher Learning Commission.
230 South LaSalle Street,
Suite 7-500,
Chicago, IL 60604

Complaints about issues affecting the ability of Cleary to meet the HLC Criteria for Accreditation may be filed with the HLC. Information about the HLC’s complaint process can be found at:

Registering a Complaint with a State Board or Commission of Higher Education

Students may file complaints about the University with the state board or commission that governs University educational activity.   For the state of Michigan, this is the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA).  The mailing address is:

State of Michigan
Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing
Schools and Licensing
PO Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909

Information about the complaint process can be found at:

Students residing in other states can find a list of state agencies at: